Monday, July 29, 2013

Janine Antoni

Janine Antoni is a contemporary artists who was born in Freeport, Bahamas. To me she is one of the most original artist I have come by. I love how she integrates herself in most of her works. I was really impressed how she learned how to tightrope just so she can use it in her art. That just shows how dedicated she is to her passion. 
It is truly amazing how she uses her bodies in such a variety of ways. In Loving Care she uses her hair as the paintbrush and paints a whole floor of a room. I really enjoyed seeing the process of how she creates all of her works. She is incredibly talented and diverse. She sees things that most of us can't. 

 
In this performance art she returns to the beach where she grows up. She tightropes next to the water and it looks like she is walking on water. This is my favorite piece from her. 

Janine Antoni: Loving Care
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that she is dedicated to her work. Loving Care took her several hours alone. Also, braiding the rope "of her life" must have taken an eternity (insert audience laughter). Still, all of her work looks effortless. Incredible!

    I have to ask: What did you feel when you saw her work?

    ReplyDelete