Thursday, August 1, 2013

Lowe Art Museum

This was my first time visiting the Lowe Art Museum since I was a little kid. It shocked me the variety of artworks they have. It has things from ancient china but also new contemporary pieces. From the outside is looks really small but as I was walking around inside it surprised me how big it was. I enjoyed the little outside courtyard a lot. I was able to sneak in a couple of pictures but I apologize because they are not the best quality.  
Overall I highly enjoyed my trip to the Lowe to my surprise. There was a lot of interesting artworks in there. 

This is me standing with Circles and Waves XX by Hans van de Bovencamp. It is located right in front of the Lowe Art Museum. 



 This is work is from the Tang Dynasty in China in the year 700. Looking at this piece it is amazing because of how old it is. You can really see how much art has progressed. This is just a huge stone with tiny engravings on it. 

This piece was done by Chancay and it is called Americanoom. Even though all the little squares are different, it comes together nicely as on piece of art. 

This is one of my favorite pieces I saw because sports is my passion. It was done by Duane Hanson and is called football player. Football might be my favorite sport and I could really relate to it. I played football all my life. To me it looks like he just finished a game and he is super tired. It is a little scary that this artwork looks so realistic. 

This is aluminum bars by Larry Mohr. It was outside in the little courtyard. When I look at this piece someone dancing is what comes to my mind. It looks like its waving it arms and crossing its legs. 


This is called fox games by Sandy Skoglund. It looks like closing time for a small restaurant and the workers are cleaning up. However there is red foxes everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment