Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chris Burden

Chris Burden is an American born artist who stands out compared to other artists. He focuses in the fields of contemporary art. Most of his pieces I had trouble connecting to art like in the Shoot where he has one of his friends shot him in the arm. As he starts to develop his carrerr his installations become more normal but they are still incredibly unique. One of my favorites is the flying tractor where he makes a tractor float as if it were a feather. Burden really stands out to me because he is not afraid to be different and he does not care what people think of him.

1 comment:

  1. I also had trouble connecting with the pieces at first. The "Shooting" piece got me really thinking way after I saw it. I started thinking about the art of pain, and perhaps that was what he was trying to portray

    ReplyDelete